Saturday, April 17, 2010

10 min. fresh Ramen


Who doesn't like noodles and Asian flavours? Or any noodles for that matter! I have all ways liked ramen noodles but unfortunately, to many of us they are reminiscent of potato chip like noodles with salt packed broth. After I read the Momofuku cookbook I fell in love with this idea of fresh vegetables, noodles and a poached egg in a simple broth. What could be easier? Well nothings easy for me. I have this problem with authenticity, or I did. I have been looking for fresh alkaline noodles at every Asian market I have come across for 4 months now and haven't found anything. I wanted to make the same broth you might find at a great noodle bar. What a waste of time that was. I was tired of waiting for the right noodles so I just got great noodles and chopped up what ever I found in the fridge. I boiled some beef broth. Threw in some garlic and ginger, then threw in the noodles for 60 sec. then poached an egg. Put it all together and toss in some kimchee for good measure and you have unauthentic, totally local, fresh and great tasting ramen in about 13 min's! You can get some good fresh noodles from ether of the Asian markets on Princess as well as some good kimchee.

No comments:

Post a Comment