Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Buddha Dog


To me a hotdog is not just a hotdog - It's something special. My childhood was filled with Montreal steamies. My father is known for eating 20 hotdogs in one sitting. I have been eating hotdogs since I was about 5, maybe younger... Hotdogs are in my blood. I travel to Montreal just to eat hotdogs, but I will never call just any tube of meat on a bun a hotdog. So when I heard about Buddha Dog I had to go. My wife read that Readers Digest and some Toronto Magazine said they were the best hotdogs in Canada my first thought was "what do they know about hotdogs??". Turns out I was right, they weren't the best hotdogs in Canada. Any one who clams anything to be "the best" is full of it, but they were great hot dogs nonetheless. The concept is what made the place so great - Simple, good, local food. You get a dog on a bun and pick a spicy, mild or sweet sauce and a one of a few cheeses. The dogs were the perfect size and had a bun to match. I loved the place so much I almost bought a t-shirt. I would have walked around everywhere with it. Buddha Dog!

No comments:

Post a Comment